Quality Control Technician
CarbonX is a company that originated from Delft University of Technology and specializes in materials science. We produce an innovative carbon network that can be applied to make polymers stronger and electrically and thermally conductive.
In our laboratory in Delft we are looking to develop new applications for our product. Last year, CarbonX has successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying products on a global scale. Therefore we are currently looking for a Quality Control Technician.
As a QC technician, your responsibilities are very versatile. You will be an important link between production, R&D, application development and customer support. You will be responsible for laboratory tests to determine the quality of the different samples for different purposes such as quality control, process control, or product development. You will do so by performing the following duties:
- Acquire samples from production, R&D, and application development units;
- Operations on a variety of lab equipment, such as: moisture analyzer, TGA, tensile tester, impact tester and picoammeter;
- Insert results into a database;
- Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports;
- Perform general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory;
- Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects.
We are looking for:
- Completed MBO training in a relevant field (e.g. Chemical Laboratory);
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a similar job;
- Hands-on experience with chemical and physical analysis techniques from training and / or previous functions;
- Proactive team player who is also able to work independently;
- Ability to work in in a multi-disciplinary, international environment where flexibility is required;
- Ability to follow directions ensuring accuracy of end results and meeting the deadlines;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to keep the pace during busy time and know how to set priorities;
- Good command of the English language.
In return, you will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation. Your salary will be €2600,00 gross on a monthly basis (including holiday allowance). More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet? Our office is located in Delft.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Renske den Uil (HR & Office Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.