CarbonX is a company that originated from the Delft University of Technology and specializes in material and application development. We produce an innovative new carbon material that can be applied to make materials stronger and electrically or thermally conductive. We believe that our products have a net-positive effect on reducing CO2-emissions on a global scale and will contribute to a more sustainable future.
In our laboratory in Delft, we are constantly developing new applications for our products. Last year, CarbonX successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying its first customers on a global scale. Since then, our team has been growing rapidly and will keep doing so. This requires an increasingly professionalized approach towards Office Management. Therefore, we are currently looking for an Office Manager (80%) with some (20%) HR responsibilities.
As an Office Manager, you are responsible for managing all Office and partially HR-related processes within the company. You will be in the lead for setting up new Office & HR-related processes and manage already existing protocols. To achieve this, you will be working together closely with our CEO Rutger and CTO Daniela, as well as with line managers. Your tasks will include the following responsibilities:
Office Management Responsibilities (80%)
• You oversee all ongoing processes in the office and laboratories, and make sure everyone is able to do their work smoothly and safe;
• You will be the point of contact for office-related questions and responsible for various Office Management tasks, such as ordering office supplies, checking personal expenses declarations and coordinating subsidy requests;
• You will be a host to our guests and help organize events together with the CarbonX team, such as customer workshops, new lab-openings, the annual Xmas-party and team-building events;
• You will assist the IT Team to define how to work best with our new cloud-based system and assist our team accordingly;
• You contribute to the happiness-factor in the company by being a general soundboard for employees and by making sure special events don’t go unnoticed!
HR Responsibilities (20%)
• You will be in the lead of the entire process between opening a vacancy and hiring the best candidate for the role, and you will prepare everything for your new colleague to feel welcome on his/her first day;
• You will be responsible for the onboarding process of every new hire, in close collaboration with line management;
• You ensure that the HR administration is up to date at all times, including contracts, salary mutations, and employee files;
• You signal trends and anomalies in the time registration, you advise managers on leave requests, you monitor and register absenteeism and will be in the lead with individual case management.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• You have a BSc. Degree, preferably in Office Management or a similar field;
• You have 0-3 years of relevant work experience;
• You are a self-starter with a hands-on mentality, don’t shy away from fast decision making and look forward to setting up new things from scratch;
• You are able to work independently, but you also possess adequate judgment when it concerns organizational sensitive topics that require cooperation with management;
• You have excellent communication skills and are a reliable and empathetic person well-able to listen; your colleagues feel at ease approaching you with any type of issue;
• You are flexible to pick up on a variety of tasks, to adjust when plans change and to adapt to an organization where not everything is set in stone just yet;
• You are fluent in English (Dutch is a pre) and you know what it takes to work in an international environment;
• You live in or close to Delft
In return, you will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation. Your salary will be €2900 including holiday allowance. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet? Our office is located in Delft.
If you are interested in this position, please send your English resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, you may contact Rutger van Raalten (Chief Executive Officer) at +31 (0)6 48356802.