Laboratory Technician Thermoplastics
CarbonX is a company that originated from Delft University of Technology and specializes in materials science. We produce an innovative carbon network that can be applied to make polymers stronger and electrically and thermally conductive. In our laboratory in Delft we are looking to develop new applications for our product. Last year, CarbonX has successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying products on a global scale. Therefore, we are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician Thermoplastics.
As a Laboratory Technician Thermoplastics, you are responsible for the technical support for compounds production, test planning and execution, data analysis and reporting and lab consulting. Next to this, you may also help out in similar activities for our Elastomers unit upon request. The fully geared Laboratory technician thermoplastics is designated to be able to exchange role with our current Laboratory technician elastomer. In this position, you will be working closely with Laboratory Technician, Application Development Engineer, Quality Control and HSE Engineer. Together you will have the following responsibilities:
- Select the compounding method and optimize the process parameters for each material and application
- Timely provide the QC team with samples
- Prepare samples for shipping to external collaborators
- Operate laboratory equipment for compounding and testing
- Conduct sample testing, analysis and report results
- Assist with test method development
- Provide training of compounding and test methods in the laboratory to new colleagues
- Assist in laboratory equipment calibration, verification and maintenance
- Understand and apply technical information, diagrams, and procedures related to test methods and standards (ASTM/ISO), instrumentation and QC pertinent to physical and analytical lab operations
- Assist in certification initiatives together with the HSE Engineer
- Conform to safe work practices and comply to corporate safety program, including handling hazardous materials in a safe and cautious manner
- Occasionally visit collaborators’ compounding/testing labs, for training or compounding/testing at their site
We are looking for someone who
- MBO / HBO degree in Chemistry or similar related field
- has 0 to 3 years of experience in a similar job
- is familiar with working in a lab environment
- experience on Thermoplastics compounding and testing equipment is a plus
- has basic computer skills (preferably Microsoft Office)
- is able to work in an accurate, precise and organized manner
- can plan work efficiently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- is flexible and able to adapt to new or unexpected requirements
- enjoys working in a team but can also work independently
- is proactive and creative in solving problems
- is able to work in a multi-disciplinary, international environment
- has a good command of the English language
- is a positive spirit!
In return, you will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation. Your salary will be €2600 (including holiday allowance). More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet? Our office is located in Delft, but for this position you may occasionally be required to travel to different locations.
If you are interested in this position, please send your English resume and motivation letter to email@example.com. Only applications sent to this e-mail address will be processed.
For questions regarding the position, you may contact Maria Barroso Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org.