CarbonX is an advanced materials company that originated from Delft University of Technology and helps create new design opportunities. Last year, CarbonX has successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying products on a global scale. Not only our production has increased, but also our team is growing. Therefore we are currently looking for a controller.
As a Controller, you are responsible for independently managing the accounts and financial reporting and budgeting of CarbonX.
Your responsibilities include amongst others:
- Maintaining general ledgers from journal entries to final trial balance;
- Performing monthly closing procedures including financial management reporting;
- Managing accounts payable and receivable;
- Frequently communication with counterparts in Asia and Africa;
- Prepare budgets and projections;
- Prepare calculations for interest and intercompany charges;
- Manage and maintain account statements;
- Responsible for drafting financial statements;
- Prepare VAT and income tax returns; and
- Coordinate external audits.
We are looking for an independent self-starter who is eager to set up a finance structure within our growing company.
Next to that, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- A completed higher professional or university education in an accounting or finance direction;
- You have at least 1-3 years of experience as an all-round accountant;
- Experience in auditing is an advantage;
- Knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases;
- Excellent command of the English language
In return, you will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation. Your salary will be €3300 (including holiday allowance). More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet? Our office is located in Delft, regular support from our Amsterdam office will be at hand.
If you are interested in this position, please get in touch with Rutger van Raalten, CEO at CarbonX via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-48356802.