CarbonX is a company that originated from the Delft University of Technology and specializes in material and application development. We produce an innovative new carbon material that can be applied to make polymers stronger and electrically or thermally conductive. We believe that our products have a net-positive effect on reducing CO2-emissions on a global scale and will contribute to a more sustainable future society.
In our laboratory in Delft, we are constantly developing new applications for our products. Last year, CarbonX successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying its first customers on a global scale. Since then, our team has been growing rapidly and will keep doing so. Therefore, we are currently looking for a Business Developer.
The Sales Team
You will join an international team of 6 people. Business development is divided over geographical markets, industries and applications. At this moment, we are exploring the elastomer, thermoplastics and thermoset sales markets. We do this in China, Europe and the US. We are active in the Automotive, E&E, Manufacturing and Industry markets, and we keep looking for other areas where our product fits. We find our clients in (international) conferences and exhibitions and travel regularly to give keynote speeches and meet our prospects. The sales team works very closely with the technical team; they join client calls and they review client data and strategy together.
What will you do?
As a Business Developer, your main responsibility consists of growing your market share. You are challenged to define your market, find your targets and create a sales strategy that resonates with your clients. You do this in collaboration with your technical colleagues. Since CarbonX is a new material that helps companies innovate, you will focus on your story and presentation. You are constantly looking for feedback from your colleagues and network. As a team, we continuously review our tactics and adapt to new situations, successes and challenges. This means you are asked to be flexible and, if needed, change course.
- Meet your defined sales targets;
- Onboard clients, introduce them to CarbonX material;
- Client management;
- Coordinate negotiations;
- Arrange international shipments;
- Sales administration;
- Coordinate & attend international conferences.
Who are you?
You are looking for a commercial challenge and are open to learning. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and pro-activity will get you a long way! Furthermore, an analytical mind, a feeling for the chemical industry and a good dose of competitiveness will seal the deal.
There are a few musts to fit this role:
- You need to have experience in a sales role and or environment;
- You need to have an affinity with technical subjects;
- You need to have a Bachelor diploma;
- You need to be fluent in English, both written and oral;
- You need to live at travel distance from our Delft office.
And some nice to haves:
- A technical background;
- Fluent in Spanish, Italian, Chinese.
We offer you:
- A chance to join a fast-growing, innovative material & application development company, where you can learn, create your own network and grow with the international success we are now starting to achieve;
- International travel approximately three times a year;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Salary: max €3100,- including holiday allowance;
- 25 vacation days a year;
- A focus on and room for personal development.
You will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet? Our office is located in Delft.
If you are interested in this position, please send your English resume and motivation letter to email@example.com. For questions, you may contact Sophie Dik (Sales Director) at +31 (0)6 21688947.