Create a better world, with smart and sustainable carbon solutions. That’s what we stand for at CarbonX. We specialize in material and application development by introducing our revolutionary carbon material that enables lightweight, smart and more durable products.
CarbonX is a company that originated from Delft University of Technology and specializes in materials science. We produce an innovative carbon network that can be applied to make polymers stronger and electrically and thermally conductive. In our laboratory in Delft we are looking to develop new applications for our product.
We are developing and commercializing a new Carbon material with high-technology content. In the elastomeric domain, the CarbonX products show a great potential in not only replacing the commodity fillers such as carbon blacks, silicas, etc., but also boosting the performance of the products. To bring the best understanding of the CarbonX material in elastomeric industrial and scout for new applications, the Business Unit Elastomer of CarbonX is looking for a result-driven, pro-active, passionate personnel for the position of Application Development Engineer.
Application development Engineer (Technical Unit Elastomers):
- Execute material compounding projects to meet CarbonX application development roadmap, commitments on time and on schedule.
- Lead the customer meeting from the technical point of view, incl. identifying the client needs, translating the client requirements into technical data, providing the client with written guidance and project proposal, being able to analyze a client case and extrapolate it into industrial demand.
- Characterize the produced compounds by different analyses (e.g. Rheology, Viscosimetry, Hardness, level of dispersion, DMTA, Abrasion
- Develop new compounding strategies based on new raw material application “rule sets”
- Establishes a plan to meet customer requirements for a new or changed product, process, system or technology, to be reviewed by management
- Creates/revises specifications/standards based on data and/or process changes
- Uses latest tools to perform value-added modeling and engineering analysis, draw conclusions from the data and execute forward actions
- Fully capable of production work independently in their area(s) of expertise. Provides technical coaching and guidance to more junior staff, helping to develop their skills
- Communicates technical information effectively to colleagues, customers, etc.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Technical degree
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a similar job;
- Ability to work in an environment where flexibility is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- During busy time be able to keep the pace and know how to set priorities.
- Good command of the English language.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in compounding development or product formulation;
- Experience with internal mixer, twin-roll mill, hot press, twin-screw extruder, injection molding machine is a plus;
- Experience on Thermoplastics compounding and testing equipment is a plus;
- Ability to be effective in a growing, dynamic, and changing environment;
- Lives in the South -Holland region.
We offer you:
In return, you will get a full-time appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term collaboration. You will get a competitive monthly salary and the opportunity to work in a fastpaced, friendly and open innovative environment. You will be part of an international team of passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet?
If you are interested in this position, please send us your English resume and motivation.
Interested? Apply here