CarbonX is a company that originated from the Delft University of Technology and specializes in material and application development. We produce an innovative new carbon material that can be applied to make polymers stronger and electrically or thermally conductive. We believe that our products have a net-positive effect on reducing CO2-emissions on a global scale and will contribute to a more sustainable future society.
In our laboratory in Delft, we are constantly developing new applications for our products. Last year, CarbonX successfully scaled-up its production and started supplying its first customers on a global scale. Since then, our team has been growing rapidly and will keep doing so. Therefore, we are currently looking for an R&D Scientist.
As an R&D Scientist, you are responsible for leading the battery development projects. In this position, you will be working closely with the Head of R&D. Together you will have the following responsibilities:
Your responsibilities are:
Leading the battery development projects;
Produce and test coin cells (Li-ion battery);
Formulate and test Pb-acid electrode paste;
Generate battery benchmarks that can be used to approach customers;
Communicate technical information effectively to both colleagues and peers in the industry;
Identify and act upon improvement opportunities in lab activities;
Support the development of junior staff by providing technical coaching and guidance;
Propose and design new test methods or setups, together with the Quality Control team, to expand the range of available material analyses.
Who are you?
You are looking for a new challenge and you are open to learning. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and pro-activity will get you a long way! Furthermore, you are passionate about science!
There are a few musts to fit this role:
- You have a PhD in electrochemistry and/or 0-3 years of work experience in battery development;
- Good command of both written and spoken English are essential;
- Preferably hands-on experience in battery development:
- Battery Cycler
- Strong data analysis skills:
- You have a pro-active work ethic and strong communication skills to ensure your research is understood and implemented in the best possible way;
- Being handy in the lab is a plus – being able to tinker (making Swagelok connections, fixing small defects on a machine, etc.);
- You can analyse problems and quickly find pragmatic solutions for various challenges you may encounter along the way;
- You have the capability to multitask various projects;
- You need to live at travel distance from our Delft office.
We offer you:
A chance to join a fast-growing, innovative material & application development company, where you can learn, research & develop while growing with the international success we are now starting to achieve.
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bike plan;
- You will get a competitive monthly salary;
- 25 vacation days a year;
- A focus on and room for personal development.
You will get a fulltime appointment for 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation You will get a competitive monthly salary. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 30 passionate colleagues who will not only happily share their knowledge and experience with you, but also guarantee a weekly taste of international cuisine and baking skills. Getting hungry yet?
If you are interested in this position, please send your English resume and motivation letter. To email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – Head of R&D. For questions, you may contact Shukry Aden at 0615431880.